Bastrop Area Cruisers
The road to Membership
The most diverse car club in the Bastrop area!
Visit us on
"Thanks to all participants who attended the 2016 Veterans Weekend Car Show,Cruise In, and other related events on Friday & Saturday, November 11 & 12. Thanks also to spectators who enjoyed the Cruise In, Car Show and most importantly the Veterans Tribute to honor all Veterans present at the event. On behalf of the Bastrop Area Cruisers Car Club, the City of Bastrop and all the Veterans and other organizations supported by the funds that were raised we extend our deepest gratitude for your time and generosity!"
• 100% of all proceeds for the Raffle (not the entire event) will be donated to Operation Finally Home - an organization that builds homes for disabled Veterans.
• It was announced on Saturday that a local builder, MRI Builders, have agreed to donate services and materials to build a home in Bastrop with OFH ! we are looking for someone to donate a lot.
• Portions of additional proceeds from the entire event will be donated to other local Veterans Organizations, BHS Auto Tech Scholarships & Equipment and various other local organizations, in the past 2 years BAC has donated to approx 25 different organizations.
11th Annual Bastrop Veterans Weekend "Hero and Hot Rods" Car Show & Events Overview
FRIDAY NIGHT CRUISE IN
• Started with Friday night "Cruise In" 3rd year for this event - each year has grown, scheduled from 4pm to 10pm.
• 2016, Bastrop had over 100 classic cars in town parked on Main St from Pine to Chestnut and this year also Chestnut to Spring!
• A total of 6 local restaurants and the winery offered discounts, specials and entertainment venues for Friday night.
• Each participant who brought a car Friday night and was given a lanyard with all the businesses listed on the back, discounts for participant w/lanyard and guest .
• Five of the businesses also had music venues.
SATURDAY CAR SHOW, AND RELATED EVENTS
• We had received by Thursday, 185 pre-registrations for Saturday and had another 35 register on Friday night for a total of 220 pre-registered for Saturday show.
• Gates opened at 7am and closed at 10 am, an additional approx 150 entries registered on Saturday morning for a total of approx 370 registered in the car show.
• 40 additional classic vehicles were on display by our BAC club members in a separate area across from the Opera House.
• BAC member cars were not entered into any of the classes in the show field.
• Total # of approx 400 classic and special interest vehicles on display on Saturday in downtown Bastrop! This was the largest number ever by far for the event!
• A lanyard was also given to all car show participants on Saturday with their entry and parking spot number listed on the front with listing of all events on the back.
• A blue ribbon was stuck on the bottom of each lanyard recognizing them as a veteran!
• General activities for Saturday were silent auction, door prizes for participants, a live auction at noon, a children's activity area and raffle.
• Approx 90 awards were given to entries for the car show with a 1st, 2nd & 3rd place, and numerous other specialty awards.
• Two classes of entrants with a large number of vehicles in them, Classes C and F were split with 8 awards given in each class.
• Specialty awards included Best of Show, Best Paint, Engine and Interiors, Club with the most entries, People's Choice, Presidential Show Show Sponsor Award (Ladd's).
• Favorite Mopar, Favorite Ford and Favorite Chevrolet were selected by employees of our sponsoring Chrysler/Dodge, Ford, & Chevrolet Dealerships.
• A Veterans Participant Award was also Sponsored by Maxine's and presented by resident George Finan Sr. Bastrop Resident and distinguished Veteran who is over 100 years old.
• Our major Sponsor for the event was Ladd's Coin and Jewelry as a Presidential Sponsor and Maxine's was an Admiral Sponsor.
• In addition we had 20 Captain Sponsors, 16 Sergeant Sponsors, 22 Corporal Sponsors and many other businesses who donated prizes.
• Approximately 70 members of the Bastrop Area Cruisers were on site on Saturday as volunteers to work the event.
• Other Volunteers included 16 from the Hyatt Lost Pines Resorts - helping intake and registration, 3 students & 2 instructors from the Bastrop HS Auto Tech Program & several more for the local VFW post.
VETERANS TRIBUTE CEREMONY
• Sarah O'Brien with Bastrop Main Street Program and Becca and her office were special partners in the planning and marketing of the event and were a tremendous help!
• Willie Pina coordinated the Veterans Tribute Ceremony which included a fly over, it included BHS ROTC led by Chief Canales, & The Honor Choir with Bill Owens leading.
• Well over 100 Veterans participated in the Veterans march and Ceremony with loud applause as they walked down the street - truly the Highlight of the event!!!
• Keynote speaker was Brigadier General Patrick M Hamilton.
• Two local residents were honored with Veteran of the Year Awards, Chief David Canales, Retired US Navy as NCO Award & Chief Warrant Officer Matthew Lutz, Retired US Navy Officer as Officer Veteran of the Year.
Thanks to all our local Car Show Sponsors and Ladd's Coin and Jewelry as the major sponsor again for 2016. Please patronize these businesses to show appreciation for their support!